Are you ready to get started with Google Classroom? If you are going to be using technology in the classroom, AND you teach at a school using Google Apps for Education, you NEED to be using Google Classroom! You’ve got this! I have confidence in you! Here are some tips for setting up Google Classroom and using it to it’s fullest potential.
- Go to Google Classroom. Set up your classroom. Name your classroom with your name and the school year at the very least. If you have multiple blocks, you will need to add something to identify the block.
- Put the Classroom app on student devices.
- Get your class code and share with students so that they can join your classroom.
- To assign, click “assign,” title the assignment, set a due date, choose all students or select specific students to assign to, choose whether to allow students “view” only or “make a copy for each student” (I almost always choose the later unless it is group work), then assign or schedule.
- You can also add topics to assignments to make it easier to find them.
- Re-Use posts that have the same instructions or files.
- Students click on assignments, complete them, and click “turn in” when done.
- Click the sidebar to view student work, check for completion, grade the assignment or return it if needed.
- Assignments can be edited, deleted, or re-used.