Are you going digital or being challenged to use more technology in education? Y’all it can be a struggle to find the right materials on a platform that is teacher and student friendly! This is why you’ll fall IN LOVE with Boom Learning!
Boom has made it surprisingly easy for me to find materials that fit what I’m teaching when I’m teaching it. Setting up my classroom is unbelievably painless. Aaaannndddd… the digital format saves me from the printing, copying, cutting, laminating, labeling, and storing FRENZY that comes with centers, task cards, and notebooks!
LET’S stop sabotaging our free time and jump on the digital wagon ASAP!
I am in the process of moving all of my digital math task cards from Google Drive to Boom Learning as well as creating new hassle-free units that will be hosted exclusively on Boom! Click through the preview of 3rd Grade Geometry below!
Want to know why I am choosing Boom over Google Drive to incorporate technology in education as much as possible? Here are my top 5 reasons:
- Boom learning eliminates the need for teachers to find the right platform for delivering the assignment to students. Once you purchase a deck on Boom, just click assignments to assign to as many students as you choose (all, a few, or a small group!).
- Boom allows students to stop work on a deck and resume progress later if needed. Sometimes the entire deck cannot, and should not be finished in one sitting, Boom saves student progress for them. No need for teachers to explain how to save the assignment and where to find it later.
- Boom gives teachers live progress reports. Just click on the assignment and the dashboard will show student progress. Once deck is complete, scores for multiple choice cards are automatically given and fill-in-the-blank responses are ready to be graded… this can all be found in one place instead of checking each student’s responses and work individually.
- Boom encourages students to answer correctly and persist when problems are difficult with a rewarding game format. Students earn gems for mastering content. A gem is earned when a student correctly answers a question with no wrong answers. Coins are rewards for persistence and struggle. A pulse is earned each time a question is answered correctly, even if it has been answered correctly before.
- Boom decks are not editable in anyway which prevents students from deleting and/or resizing elements that shouldn’t be changed. Moveable pieces and text boxes can be cumbersome for students, but I have always used the power of the UNDO button to fix this. Still there is a peace of mind in knowing that these elements CANNOT be changed.
So, if you need to use more technology in education, you need to check out Boom! If you have purchased any of my math task cards, you now have FREE access to the same task cards on Boom along with a free 1 year subscription! Soon, these task cards will be hosted exclusively on Boom because I believe that it is so much more efficient for teachers and engaging for students.
Currently, I am working on Boom Learning NOVEL STUDIES for your favorite 3rd grade chapter books. These are going to be great for your book clubs, independent reading activities, reading groups, or whole group reading. Click on the preview for Socks by Beverly Cleary.
If you would like to give it a try, here’s the FIRST CHAPTER of Third Grade Angels FREE. Your students can use this with the FAST PLAY option if you do not have an account. If you like it and want to purchase the full unit on Teachers Pay Teachers, you will receive a FREE one year membership with the ability to have 3 classes and 80 students!
Read more about Boom Learning here!